Tuesday 7 June 2011

Living in Australia

 Well, it's just over half time here, and I would say things are going pretty well.  Let's take stock... We arrived here April 20, 2010.  We lived with Joel's parents in Greensborough until June 1st.  I got a full time job at Riot Art & Craft at Northlands.  Joel went back to school for accounting.  We got a place to live in Northcote on July 1st.  I got promoted to manager in November.  Richard and Jenn came to visit us in April.  And life is good!  I think we have explored pretty much most of the state of Victoria since we've been here.  I still can't believe it has been a year already.  I miss all of my friends dearly.  Australia really is at the end of the planet.  Some days, I really sense the incredible distance...  Still, living here is really quite good.  For the first time, I have a sizeable bank account despite how much I spend on art supplies at my own store!!  (Not to mention, Joel's growing record collection!)  This corner of the world is quite beautiful; every day I see something else that surprises me.  Birds, bugs, plants, buildings, landscapes and people.  Different but the same.  Hopefully I can keep up this blog this time, ha!

1 comment:

  1. Think of you all the time my dear. I am so happy for you both and proud of *you* for making the plunge in moving! You are an inspiration to me. <3

    Love you more than I can say.

    Devi

    ReplyDelete